Saving the planet together with you...
Our goal has always been to provide designer activewear for fabulous women who want to minimise their impact on the planet without compromising on quality, style, comfort and performance. Adding carbon offsetting to our list of sustainable practices is another step we take our customers closer to saving our planet. We use 3 partners to make sure our products are 100% carbon neutral from our supply chain to your door step:
- Green story - helps us offset carbon in our supply chain
- Eco Cart - helps us offset carbon for your order from our production centres to your doorstep
- Ecologi - plants a tree in Madagascar for every product bought
Just the Beginning
At HAVAH, we are committed to slowing the effects of climate change, one order at a time.
Carbon offsets are a starting point—an immediate way to reduce our impact. Even though this is a moment to celebrate, we think that it’d be even better if we didn’t emit any carbon in the first place. To achieve this, we’re working to develop projects in our own supply chain that will reduce our emissions directly.
The Power of Us
Our work isn’t done for another important reason. No matter how much progress we continue to make on our own footprint, HAVAH’s footprint is actually quite small. The effects of climate change are magnified far beyond HAVAH itself.
The only way we can truly begin to reverse the effects of climate change are if everyone does their part.
What can you do?
- First, focus on the energy efficiency of your home. Efficiency is also the easiest way to save money. Program your thermostat. Check in with your own utility and see if they offer rebates on LED light bulbs, efficient appliances, upgraded insulation or other cost-effective upgrades like efficient water fixtures. Ask your utility if they offer a home energy audit.
- If you own a house, installing solar might make financial sense for you. In some cases, you can install solar with no upfront cost while lowering your energy bill each month. In a few areas, you can buy into a community solar array that isn’t even on your property. If solar doesn’t work for your house or you live in an apartment or condo, ask your utility company if they offer a residential green power program. Many do with simple, reasonable terms.
- Find brands with legitimate sustainability initiatives. Whether it’s with carbon neutral products, a sustainable supply chain, recycled materials, or eco-friendly packaging, we should all do our best to limit the carbon footprint of the products we buy.
- Challenge yourself to drive less and bike more. Riding your bike forces you to utilize your own muscle power. You’ll get a workout all while helping the environment. Plus, it requires much less energy to produce a bike than it does to manufacture a car. If you can’t bike to work for whatever reason, take public transportation. It puts less cars on the road, which reduces the amount of exhaust filling the air at once.
- Opt for reusable bottles, bags, and anything else that you usually use once then throw away. If that’s not an option, make sure to properly recycle any plastic, paper, glass or metal that comes into your life.
If we all do our part by changing our daily habits and making sustainable swaps, supporting companies that care about their impact on the Earth, and advocate for the future we deserve, we can effect real change in the world.
By shopping with us you are helping preserve the planet one order at a time.
We wanted to go the extra mile and we’re super excited we took our first step to carbon neutrality with Green Story and EcoCart!
We’re excited to share our carbon neutral journey with you as we’re all in this together and we are proud of the impact we’re making together with you.